Currie Technologies Power Kit
- Currie Electro-Drive Kit converts 26-inch mountain or comfort bikes into electric powered hybrids
- 450-watt brushed side-mount motor with rear wheel drive and a rack mount battery pack system
- 24-volt/10 Ah battery pack with 6 to 8-hour charge time using the included Currie Smart charger
- 15-mile range can be doubled with an optional second battery pack (not included)
- Thumb-actuated throttle with battery gauge
This new Currie Electro-Drive Conversion Kit transforms a standard bicycle into an electric powered ride for power-assisted biking. The kit features Currie’s patented Electro-Drive System with a 450-watt brushed side-mount motor with rear wheel drive. The space-efficient rack mounted battery pack system also houses all of the motor control electronics. The kit includes one 24-volt/10-Ah battery pack and a Currie Smart charger to recharge the pack. The rack also has a second slot that allows you to insert a second, optional battery pack if you want to double your travel range.
Installation and Compatibility:
Designed for easy installation, the Power Kit is compatible with most 26-inch wheel mountain or comfort style bicycles (Please note: the kit cannot be fitted on bikes with a rear suspension swing arm). The drive wheel is spaced for a standard 7-speed freewheel that is common on many bikes today. If the bike that you are planning on converting has something other then a 7-speed freewheel, the kit may still be fitted. However, Currie strongly recommends that the conversion be made by an authorized Currie Dealer.